6901 W 117th Ave.
35,000 sq ft, (14) 2,500 sq ft units, metal exterior
- Small unit industrial is a good performing asset in economic downturns.
- Stays fully occupied nearly all of the time due to high demand and low inventory of like product.
- Very few, new small-bay building spaces (0-6,000 sq ft) have been created in the past 10 years.
- The building was purchased with a projected net annualized return of 13.03%.
- There is a light-rail stop that will be created a few blocks away within the next 10-15 years. This will change this building’s highest and best use to something with higher density.
- The northwest Denver submarket for industrial has a vacancy rate of 1.7%, which is very low.
- Broomfield County has not created any more industrial zoning creating the potential for strong demand.
- Purchased September of 2018 for $2,650,000 ($75.71/ ft).
- A note for 38% of the purchase price was initiated at 4.3% fixed for 7 years with a 25-year amortization
- The building required $156,000 in capital improvements, for which the seller provided most of the credit at closing.
- New parking lot
- Helical piers in one unit to fix structural damage due to water
- French drain to alleviate water drainage issues
- New HVAC units
- 7 of the 14 units are up for renewal this year.
- We will stagger leases going forward to reduce a potentially large amount of turnover.
- Another risk is tenant credit. We are trying to improve credit for each time a unit becomes available.
OUTLOOK & EXIT
- Work is still being completed to remedy all water issues on-premise.
- The building is currently fully occupied.
- The property is performing as expected with a forward projected net annualized return of 14.03%, which includes the leverage note.
- The unlevered equivalent return is a weighted average annualized net 11.02%.